Latest threads in HVAC Discussionsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Natural Gas deregulation is a farce
Natural Gas deregulation is a farce. This weekend I looked into finding a lower cost nat gas company but realized quickly that it was a was of time because of the 'distribution charge'. The cost of...
7
7

Pocket cards and gauges
So, guys - what reefer's are on today's Alco / Sporlan / etc pocket cards ? Used to be 12, 22, 502 back in the dawn of time when I carried them. What reefer scales are being printed on gauge sets most...
6
6

Aux Heat not working normally? (only up 4F in 2 hours)
Hello, (I know very little about this subject, though I've tried to learn a lot in the last 2 weeks) I have a First Co. 30VDX15-HP heatpump unit in my apt with a Lux TX9100E thermostat. At night...
2
2

Minimum duct temperature
Hi. Can anyone tell me the ballpark minimum duct discharge temperature to avoid draughts in a ducted air system? thanks
1
1

Wiring an old Westinghouse Gas Furnace
Hi guys, I'm working as a maintenance man for a property management company that owns a complex with 200 units that were built and formerly owned by the government for GI off-base housing around the...
5
5

why are air-con installers such morons?
I see a lot of split systems with outdoor unit on brackets. Usually, there is a piece of rubber (looks like chunk of conveyer belt) between the feet and the bracket. But the bolts are metal-to-metal...
1
1

"smoke" coming from under oil furncer burner
I have a 21 year old Carrier oil furnace that yesterday started making an unusual smell, hard to describe, maybe sort of acrid. Tonight, at the start of the weekend of course, I found a modest amount...
1
1

Trichinosis
DP > Some courses in medicine and epidemiology DP > might also be a very good idea. =A0The DP > suggestion of wanting to eating pork, while DP > it's still still "blood-red" on the inside, is DP > a...
8
8

Gas powered quartz and halogen questions
Hi: 1. Are there any quartz infrared heaters powered directly and only by natural gas? 2. Are there any infrared halogen lamps powered directly and only by natural gas? Most quartz/halogen infrared...
9
9

Honeywell TH8320U1008 Tstat
I have a HoneyWell Th8320U1008 tstat installed and I'm trying to add an outside sensor to it. When I step thru the codes I go from 330 to 500 skipping all codes in between. The outdoor sensor is...
3
3

Aprilaire Model 400 Humidifier?
Anyone have an experience with this unit. It evaporates all the water that gets into it. Says there's no standing water. neat if it really works, cause I really don't like how much water ends up going...
2
2

save money on heating costs
I came across this article from yougen about a widget called g-save. Has anyone any experience of this? ------------------------------------- Bee Primrose, The BPc _ /_/_ .'''. =O(_)))) ...' `. _ `....
1
1

Thanksgiving to come.
"Winston, come into the dining room, it's time to eat," Julia called to her husband. "In a minute, honey, it's a tie score," he answered. Actually Winston wasn't very interested in the traditional...

Thomas Jefferson
" I often wondered why I was not as smart as Thomas Jefferson. Now I know why! He took interest in being smart about 15 years before I did and I stopped taking interest in being smart about 50 years...

Need a new water heater- got any recommendations?
And if you are looking at a gas heater, you get to deal with flame arrestor burners. What's that you ask? They enclose the burner within the heater and require that the combustion air get to the...
5
5