Latest threads in Heatingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

The maximum angle of bend allowed to vaillant flue pipe
No further details provided

How much would a natural gas furnace and installation cost for a 1050 sq. ft.
I need a new natural gas upflow furnace that will heat a 1050 sq. ft. home. How much is the unit and installation likely to cost? Thank you, Debbie

water comes from the chimney cleanout. Please advise what to do
The cleanout was full of water and inundate the bathroom and bedroom . Please advise what to do

Water comes in from the chimney cleanout.
I get water thru the chimney cleanout ONLY when the furnace runs and the hot water heater runs normal.
3
3

What is the best floors for radiant floor heating?
Please can you help me choose flooring surface for my cabin: Wood, Carpet or something else. I planned to install warm floors system based on PEX tubing.
1
1

Can I use copper manifolds in radiant floor heating?
I bought few of it for my plumbing systems, and now I have 2 copper manifolds with PEX connections like this but I am not sure how to handle with air inside the system or drain. Please advise.
3
3

What should a home boiler be set at for winter
No further details provided
1
1

Troubleshooting Your Central Heating System: VR66 Not Calling for Heat (2023 Update)
Hi, i have had a new boiler and central heating system fitted, with an agreement with the installer that i was to complete the wiring. I am a competent electronics engineer of some 30 years standing....
2
2

i have a gas funace in my attic when my heat is on shouldnt my outdoor fan run t
No further details provided

i have a janitrol gas furnace the blower motor runs non stop even whe the thermostat is off
No further details provided

How do you manually unlock the unit ?
I have a 90 plus Amada unit and I believe it is in lockout mode. Had problem with igniter,replaced it , it worked ,then it didn't, not it doesn't even try to light. The inducer motor shuts down but...

Gas Hydronic Heating – Good or Bad?
I'm in New York and soon I’ll start renovating my house. To bring in a few major modifications, I’m planning to use gas hydronic heating. But before making a final decision, I’d...
1
1

My furnace won't light it gets the clicking and the blue spark but no gas to lig
No further details provided
1
1

airtemp mercury thermostat adjustment is off. Set at 62 room temperature is 72
I have an airtemp mercury thermostat (square) Set the thermostat at 62 and the heat kicks in even though the room temperature is 72. How do I adjust the thermostat so the heat kicks in when the room...