Latest threads in Heatingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Can you get a thermocoupler for a cannon coalridge gas fire
No further details provided
1
1

how do I flush the furnace pipes using the j joint
My furnace installer showed me once a few years ago but I forgot exactly how to do it. I wrote down to use a third cup of bleach and two cups of water in the J joint. Is that right? Where does the...

Condensate furnace istall
I have a horizontal furnace install on a slab in a crawl space. I don't have the six inches under the furnace to install the factory p trap for the condensate. Is there an alternative method?

Horizontal furnace no room in crawl space for condensate p trap. Is there an alt
New install of high efficiency condensing furnace on a slab in the crawl space. I don't have enough space below for the factory supplied p trap. Is there an alternative method?

looking for installation & operating manuals for danesmoor DF 20/30 oil boiler
I've had this boiler in storage for 26 years, unused during this time and looks as though it was very little used before it was given to me. I would like to know how to plumb it in and test that it...

my armstrong furnace won't start it has 4 blinks with the status led light
No further details provided

Vaillant modulation system
Hi there! I have one of modulating heating system( ecoTec plus 870 ) in my house. But as as I became convinced from my own experience that Vaillant modulating is not as cost- and energy-effective as...

no light coming on not hooked up with a/c but keeps saying a/c honeywell chrome 3
No further details provided

Where can I get a replacement switch for a fasco baseboard heater
I have a Fasco baseboard heater model 3271

I need price for insert to convert oil furnace to electric heating .just the price for the insert not the labor
No further details provided

Should FlexDuct used for return air be cut to shortest length needed
HVAC installers added two 10in. Return Air Ducts (Insulated Flex Duct with metal connectors) from a ceiling box back to the Plenum above my downflow furnace. This is a very short run but since the...
1
1

I have a electric heater and I will like to turn my oil heat to electricity.
No further details provided
1
1

Whats the difference between 95% and 96% variable furnace efficency, the cost is $1200 difference
I'm buying a home brand new and going thru all my options I opted for the 96% variable furnace rather then the 95% or even 92% efficiency furnace. Is the $1200 option upgrade worth it? Thank you its...
1
1

Normally open honeywell zone valve motor operation
I have a normally open honeywell zone valve with 24VAC, 5W, 6RPM output motor actuator. The valve closes on when energized. The model is V8043D1205/U. The thermostat is reverse acting. In summer...

Leak found below gas meeter, wondering about the amount of digging and replacement when they finish
No further details provided