Latest threads in Heatingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

At night, I hear what I think is water running, but believe it is the baseboard heat either taking in the water or the water running back.
At night, it seems that water is running somewhere in the house or that we thought we had a leak somewhere. I believe it may just be the water coming up through the baseboard heating pipes or that...
2
2

Is it OK to leave the heat on after shutting off the water supply for a week or two?
While away from home in the winter for a week or two, I would like to know if it's OK to leave the heat on after shutting down the water feed to it? It is an Apollo system.
2
2

Is furnance filter different than filter at air return panel in ceiling?
Someone from the gas company checked all the gas outlets in my home after turning on the gas. He went up into the attic to check the furnace and noted the furnace filter is dirty and should be...
2
2

Teco zone valves used on Wellman McClain boiler
My 4 zone valves stick and partially close. On the boiler. They are very costly . How can I correct this?
2
2

I have a trane XE80 combustion blower hums then shuts off, do you think cleaning the flame senor would help?
Or do you think the combustion blower and maybe the pressure switch went bad?
2
2

i want to replace ultra 155 gas boiler control module after replace ignition electrode and does the Wiel McLain boler require additional
replaced ignition electrode, and boiler fails to run does it need adjustment after installation? Ultra 155 gas

blower motor keeps running even with the thermostat disconnected
No further details provided
2
2

What is the general price for a new forced air furnace for 1,500 home?
It is a cape with a full basement.
12
12

Heating is not working, Emergency and Aux do nothing. System seems to kick on for a few seconds and then go off.
System comes on for a few seconds then goes off. Selecting Emergency does not force the system to start
2
2

I have a Temco Pre-vent wall heater, model GSW20-2. The control knob has no effect on the heat, it is hot all the time. Any suggestions
I am looking to repair the unit so the heat can be turned down as needed. Currently it seems to be on high all the time. Your input or advice is welcome.
1
1

my heater blows hardly any air sometimes cold air comes out even when is on heater but when the cold air comes out blows way stronger
i've been using my heater for couple of weeks now i hear the unit coming on very often ,when i put my hand close to the vent i can hardly feel any heat coming out ,sometimes i feel the vent blowing a...
10
10

How much should a new gas furnace cost
I was given a quote of $3500.00 for a new gas furnace with installation. My furnace went out three days ago. and the repair name gave me this quote.
8
8

I have a worcester R30HE plus &my heating keeps coming on by itself even if I take the room stat out
Hello out there, can somebody tell me?

the vent covers in my house are the old metel ones some are facing up and some down
which direction should they be?
2
2

Nortron electric furnace only works when temp is on high
What's wrong ?
2
2