Latest threads in Heatingshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

have a coal converted furnace and the burner is not responding to the thermostat
we have to turn the power on and off to the thermostat to get the burner to activate. The pilot is on and the fan seems to operate properly when the burner gets activated. The icon on the thermostat...
2
2

Got a c80ff neon lockout light is on no pilot light
It's out so no heating or hot water. Tried pressing l/o light it stays on help please.

Heat pump turns off but heat still coming out of vents in my house
I turned heat off but heat still is coming out of vents-heat pump is not running
2
2

prevent water from pressure valve of furnace from going onto floor
i would like to prevent water from furnace pressure valve from going onto floor that i intend to tile i am thinking about using a under sink sump, below surface of floor. is this possible?

Need help to determine best heating system brands and price or possibility to connect to old system.
I recently purchase a house and I have issue with my heating system. My house has about 600 sf ft addition and does not have heating system installed. I had few contractors come over and they...
8
8

we have a ultra 3 furnace. we have to drain the water from the hose, and pull the wire off of the ignither,
we have a ultra 3 furnace and some time it comes on and some times it does not, we have to drain the clear hose and drain the water out of the hose, and some time we un hook the wire to the ignighter,...
2
2

how do I fill up my worcester highflow 400 boiler to increase pressure?
No further details provided

Got hit from Sandy...have a Heat Maker Plus heating system and hot water heater combination...need someone who knows the system to come
....plumbers who have come so far seem to not know the system - I live in Island Park...any recommendations...service people I can call who know this system
2
2

Bryant Gas furnace goes through test cycle ok . But only Blower turns on when tried.
The furnace is a model 383kav. With the thermostat disconnected the furnace will go through the complete self test cycle. But when the red and white control wires are connected only the blower turns...
2
2

my outdoor unit is running nonstop for atleast 4 days?
i have noticed that my outdoor unit has been running nonstop for at least 4 house is heating fine and the thermostat is shutting off correctly when the correct temperture is reached. i called the...
2
2

How do I know whether to replace my run capacitor or my start capacitor on my furnace,
It is making noise and the fan is not turning as fast
6
6

I have an adams "speed flame" natural gas furnace.
Everytime I turn my thermostat to call for heat nothing happens. I checked the volts to my gas valve and it shows that its getting 25volts ac. Could my gas valve be bad or is there something else that...
2
2

my cold air return located on the floor in my 1937 home blows cold air when the furnace is not running can I stop this
my living room gets cold as soon as the blower stops
2
2

do these furnaces have to be vented straight outside or can they go to your chimney
It's an Armstrong Ultra III 80 gas furnace

I have a Dunkirk Hydronics boiler
AND AM GETTING A HUM FROM THE DRAFT INDUCER MOTOR AND CAN ONLY GET IT TURN IF I GIVE IT A LITTLE HELP. WHERE CAN I GET A NEW RUN CAPACITOR