my covered supporting columns are resting on a rotted square and then a rotted half wall.

I need to replace the half wall and the squares that are rotted. The half wall is hollow and about a foot wide with siding on the exterior and bead board on the interior. How do I brace the roof while i replace the columns. There are two on the corner right next to each other so where would I put the support?

Reply to
Helen

Do this gradually, and start from the bottom.  Try using other materials other than wood when choosing replacement <a href="

">square columns</a> so that it would last longer and would not rot easily.

Reply to
heidi_lawrens