How come my roof leaks? This stuff sucks

I spent 100,000 on a pole shop with living quarters & the builder used tri ply for the vapor barrier & it rains inside when it starts getting cold outside. And I know it's because of the heated space but I didn't build a shop for all my valuables to get soaked. I think I got hosed?

Reply to
John Mickelson

Condensation on the inside is possible if there is no insulation between the cold roof and warm interior of the building. Also there should be vapour barrier installed under the insulation. There should be a cold dead air space above the insulation same as your house. In the interim a lot of air circulation may help. Also keep a window or two cracked open to release moisture trapped inside. Ventilation is very important.

Reply to
disqus_rFshpvllAs