New range/oven installation - old, big gas pressure regulator sticking out of floor - unnecessary, redundant?

New range/oven installation - old, big gas pressure regulator sticking out of floor - unnecessary, redundant? open original image
New range/oven installation - old, big gas pressure regulator sticking out of floor - unnecessary, redundant? open original image
New range/oven installation - old, big gas pressure regulator sticking out of floor - unnecessary, redundant? open original image

House built late 80's, old pressure regulator (redundant?) from original range/oven sticks out so I can't put new range/oven flush to wall. Since new range/oven has its own pressure regulator, can I just remove this old one? I wondering if it's from the original range/oven, now redundant since my new range/oven has its own pressure regulator. Two guys at True Value think I can remove it, connect stove without it. Pictures of kitchen and basement feed attached. Help? [IMG]

[IMG]
[IMG]

Anonymous

Yep, rip it out...unscrew it nicely and add it to your Steampunk Lamp Project. If it were to remain, it may actually be at a different regulation and affect the performance of the new range. Less is more.

Reply to
Anonymous