Subject Author Posted Replies

Honey for beetle control
Is there any possibility that beetles (Japanese specifically) would be repelled by the smell of honey because they wouldn't want to get stuck? On the other hand they might be attracted. I have noticed...
1
1

Weed Prevention
First time poster in this group. Hope this isn't the most redundant question. If so, I apologize in advance. Looking for some advice on how best to prevent weed growth in our garden. I am looking at...
18
18

Elderberries and Deer
Are deer attracted or repelled by elderberry bushes? If they eat them, do they eat the leaves, berries or both?
23
23

Columbine pruning
I have a beautiful red columbine in a flower bed. I had many compliments about it during May. It was fine just into June and now it's leaning over and just looks tired. I've dead-headed it, but am...
2
2

Experience with Dutch Gardens?
I bought some plants from Dutch Gardens this year and the experience has been full of problems, including, most recently, discovering that I was charged for a plant sent to replace one that failed to...
2
2

How/when do I collect Wallflower seeds?
Wallflowers set their seeds the same way do: in little tubes that line the spent flower stalk. When is a good time to collect the seeds? Can I cut the stalks now and hang them to dry or do they have...
3
3

northern Idaho veggie gardening
Anyone out "there" living and gardening in northern Idaho? I am in the mountains, elev 2700', probably zone 4. I think our area was left off the zone map, since within a 65 mile radius the elevation...
5
5

Black Nightshade/Deadly Nightshade
My dad had a tomato garden in the back a couple of years ago. The garden is still there but he hasn't grown anything in it for a couple of years. Imagine my surprise when I saw what looked like tomato...
2
2

Hibiscus - Can it survive a winter around Toronto, ON?
Hello There, I was walking through Wal Mart today and notice a beautiful flowering tree. I decided that it would look wonderful in my front garden and decided to buy it. It is a gorgeous tree which...
3
3

What kind of tree? ? ?
Recently I pulled up (legally) a seedling tree in the back yard of William Faulkner's home in Oxford Mississippi. I coaxed it to grow in a pot and now have some questions. Please look at the photo at...
15
15

I have just had new turf laid in my garden - is it normal for mushrooms to be...
..growing on it?
2
2

Does anyone else think that garden gnomes are...
..creepy? My daughter says she is scared of them!
3
3

Who is the "BUTTERCUP" in your garden of flowers or bouquet of flowers? or do you prefer roses or
lilies or?

Is the RAIN's COMING tour stop at Madison Square Garden sold...
..out[jun 23]?? Yeah i know about the whole lawsuit ordealand he's getting sued but, does anyone know if the tickets were sold out?? I REALLY REALLY want to go!

Cuts in foliage of tomato plant
One of my tomato plants (in a container) has what looks like cuts in the middle of the leaves. It's only in a few leaves and only happened in the past few days, after a lot of rain. Is this normal?...
1
1