Subject Author Posted Replies

need flower identity
Unfortunately, I have no picture - the drought apparently killed all these plants I had. The plant is about a foot tall, with a bright yellow flower that looks like a large buttercup. Blooms...
4
4

HELP!!!! NYC terrace garden under assault!!!
A good friend of mine tells me that she has to get rid of her 25th story garden on the outdoor 20x25 foot terrace, according to the co-op board and building managers. The garden has 45 years worth of...

Luffa sponge gourd - no flowers
This is the second time I've tried growing luffa sponge gourds. The first time was nearly 20 years ago, and all I can remember is that it frosted before the tiny gourds got big enough. This time, I...
1
1

ID plant please
Hi, This plant is actually at my brother's house here near Cleveland, Ohio. He thought this may be a melon of some type at first, as he's also growing cantaloupes (started from seed early June), but...
3
3

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Bats
Once upon a time, I looked like this and Marilyn and I traveled far and wide gathering information, miles of film footage and giving lectures on bat ecology and conservation. js
1
1

Prunes tree disease
I planted a very small prunes few month back, it grew 2 feet strongly and suddenly it started to developed some type of disease in southern calif. the leaves have small holes in it, they are droppy,...
8
8

power rake vs. manual rake
When it comes to working with grass does a power rake do a better job versus a manual steel rake? I don't mean FASTER, but overall better job? Do the two implements even do the same job? Meaning can...
4
4

Hedge advice
Hello, I am seeking some advice regarding a hedge. In between our fence an our driveway we have a space around and foot wide (at the widest) an about 20 feet long. We would like to grow anything...
6
6

Compost bin design?
I have about an acre of garden and want to build a fairly substantia compost bin/arrangement. Does anyone have (or know where I can obtain plans for such a thing? Thanks -- Jim20729
46
46

Dahlias from seed
Any point in starting them at this point in the year? Found an ol packet of seeds and they have germinated v quickly. Can move them to greenhouse or keep indoors. Havent raised from seed before. Do...
1
1

Soil pH mystery
Hi, I'm new on this forum. We recently bought a house in east London. The garden has enviabl soil -- sandy loam, well enriched over the years, that drains fast. In one patch, I'm making a bog garden...
3
3

contored hazel
My husband and I moved into our house 5 years ago. In the garden is established contored hazel plant. It is not very big but has neve produced any catkins or nuts. I have pruned out the straight...
2
2

Advice needed - how to save Elephant Ears and caladiums for next year.
Hello, I'm in CT, zone 5. I have a bunch of elephant ears and caladiums in pots on my deck and one of elephant ears in my tub water garden. When do I removed them from the pots and what procedure do I...
2
2

how to gardening herbs plant.
Hello, i'm Nina. i want to ask you about how to plant herbs. i also want to know if herbs plants suitable to any types of land. Thank you.
4
4

link for the forest
Just a look..... http://paoladav.un-clic-x-la-foresta.com