Key Lime tree

Last year I bought a 10 lb.bag of Key Limes to make REAL Key Lime pie. So what does a gardener do with seeds? I planted them and the darned things sprouted like crazy. I had LOTS of little key lime trees. I transplanted two for my own and gave many, many away.The two I kept for my own were transplanted to larger containers in July and have already more than doubled in size. I had a friend with a Key Lime tree that would bloom in her house and the scent was absolutely wonderful. She'd planted hers from seed and it bloomed and produced fruit the 3rd year. She got her seed from a bartender in Mexico who was making her drink. Key limes are about the size of a ping pong ball and have a very intense flavor. When I started looking around to buy one I was stunned by the $50 prices that seemed to be the norm for retail.

I still have over a dozen left, they are 8-10 inches tall and very full and healthy. I've had them out on my apartment balcony this summer but it will soon be time to bring them in and I just don't have the room or the containers to transplant and winter over. If anyone in the Seattle area (I live in the north end) would like a nice healthy little Key Lime tree and want to come pick it up drop me a line at valkyriemi at yahoo dot yadda yadda and we can make arrangements for speedy adoptions. I really hate to toss them out.

Val

Reply to
Val

.........and if you would happen to have some slips of Lady's Mantle, small ferns, Coral Bells, little iris and such, any perennials for an exchange would really be nice to add to my balcony garden. I'm also looking for a variety of succulents to put in a little stone trough I acquired. The other thing I've been looking for is a clump of the old fashioned "Pinks", the (often a rockery plant around here) carnation with the intense clove fragrance. Plant exchange is not at all necessary however, and I don't want to be paid.....the little trees just need a home.

Reply to
Val