Subject Author Posted Replies

Garlon
I have garlon in a diesel mix that's been in the same gas container for about three years now. Has the garlon probably broken down by now, or will it still work? I don't want to waste my time applying...
2
2

Advice on ground cover between pavers.
I've got a small sitting area that I just finished with 6x9 pavers. Since I prefer a natural look I left 1/2 of space between each on the sand bed. In this space I'd spread screened (as in via window...
5
5

Tree "out of phase"
I have a crapapple tree that has shown some interesting behavior the past couple years. Here's some history. It's a fairly large tree, and when I got the house it was very lush. I should have had it...
23
23

Paulownia Trees.. Anyone have one? Opinions?
Just wondering what people think of them. Stumbled onto them and on further searching seems to be a LOT of hype around them. Wondering about first hand opinions. I'm in 6B, SW Kentucky, BTW.
14
14

Good reading on trees and associates
Literature Available by Dr. Shigo is here: to get Documents you have any suggestions please let me know. 610-864-5251 John A. Keslick, Jr. Consulting Arborist of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not...

Bartering with our plants
You folks ever offer some plants for services or materials? I got a guy coming over to work on my damaged soffit in exchange for some Japanese Maples. I have a plumber who works on my failing plumbing...
10
10

Tall, slim plants work best in narrow spaces
Unusual or oddly-shaped spaces can create landscaping challenges, as this reader has discovered. QUESTION: "I need advice on planting bushes or something in a small space. We have a strip along the...

From the Omnivore's Dilemma
Yea, I know, it's copywrited, but this is how food should be raised (from pages 2121-212). This is just a little taste of the book, it's really a fascinating read, I know many of you here who are...

Tree ID & Damage Advice
Can someone please ID this tree? also need advice on how to treat this chronic bleeding wound. From what the past owner said, it bleeds like that every year. the magnifying glass to zoom if you need a...
11
11

ID: Monkey Vine, Real Name?
I grew up calling this Monkey Vine. Anyone know the real name of it? Was all over the woods in PA where I grew up, got some in my back yard in KY now. Tempted to relocate it.
5
5

putting new mulch in fall
Hello all, We live here in north GA and was planning on putting new red colored mulch to our garden beds in the front of our home. Right now, there is a very thin layer of red mulch in some beds. The...
11
11

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Poison Ivy
Everyone knows (or should know) what poison Ivy looks like. But this one really took me by surprise.... js
27
27

Tree Pruning
A. Keslick, Jr. Consulting Arborist Beware of so-called tree experts who do not understand tree biology. Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding us that we are not...

Ping: Cheryl Isaak
Can I ask you something via e-mail?
36
36

Evergreen Tree Dying - Help
Hi all, this is my first post here and I?m hoping to get some muc needed help to sharpen my gardening skills. I noticed this weekend that a tree I have in my front garden is lookin awful. I?m pretty...
4
4