Subject Author Posted Replies

Earthworms in gutters
Cleaned out the house gutters, and in the leaves that accumulated, found night crawlers. How on earth do these worms make it up to the top of the house and into the gutters? Marshall
7
7

Exotic hibiscus bring a hint of the tropics to your landscape
The names given to plants can be highly evocative, creating a delightful mental image before we have even seen the plant. Shakespeare's Juliet might have believed that a rose by any other name would...

Alstroemeria
Does anyone in southern California have experience growing these outdoors in containers? I know they grow quite well in my area in the ground, but I have an oblong container (about 1 ft deep and wide...
2
2

Hedge for moist clay
Hello, I live in the West of Belgium, about 15km from the coast. I've acquire a cottage a few years ago and after restoring that, now I'd like t renovate the garden. I'm having a bit of trouble...
4
4

PHOTO OF THE WEEK, Greenhouse
We have always dreamed of having a green house. This one isn't exactly a dream come true but it was a place to start. I have put together a Greenhouse page for more background, pictures and a place to...
30
30

Anyone know the garden poem?
I read it along time ago, and cant find it on the net.. Says or means something like You have to tend your relationship like you would a garden for them to grow. etc etc???? Thanks CathyLee
4
4

Creeping Mulberries
Can anyone tell me the right way to prune a weeping mulberry? It all looks like a bowl of spaghetti. I got in there last summer and took out the middle most offending branches so my grandsons had a...

Quick compost survey (for a student)
Hi, I'm a horticultural student running a survey on compost as part of a assignment. The survey is short and I'll share the results (also yo can win a prize!) The link to the survey is here click on...

Winter Jasmine
The deer have cut off my baby winter jasmine. They didn't eat it, just bit off the budded stems and dropped them to the ground. And this was going to be the first winter bloom. Deer don't like winter...
5
5

Garden Log Format?
After a few years of relatively unscheduled gardening, I have started to keep a log. But it is just a text file that looks like: ------------------------- 21 October 07 - Planted tomatoes. 29 December...
5
5

Garden bully
I am growing potatos in tyres and they are thriving. One stack is 5 tryes high and still going. I started running out of soil to throw in the tyres so last weekend I went round to a mates compost bin...
7
7

Grow Computer input request
Hi All. I'm doing a redesign for a grow computer. I would like any input concerning functions you would like to see it do. Here's a list of functions so far: Sense and control watering based on time...
2
2

What does your garden look like now?
Mine is mostly covered with the 5-6 inches of snow that fell yesterday. In a few hours, while I'm waiting at the bus stop, I'll take some shots of the stuff poking above the snow. Cheryl
37
37

compound bow?
Does anybody have a compound bow for sale? Mine broke today. I use it for shooting lines up in tall trees. I have a carp line and it works great. Mine was 25lb pull. 25lb or more would be great.
1
1

?Mystery Plant?
I received this plant as a gift. It had small yellow flowers with pin centers, at the top of the plant, when it was warmer out. Anyone kno what it is? [image Orangeamc13
1
1