Subject Author Posted Replies

Damping off
Ahem.....you need to be more specific....of which knuckle-head speak ye? I recall two knuckle-heads stating they do this. Are you positive it is the fish sauce causing this? I introduced some really...
11
11

japanese lanterns
do any of you have a recommendation for buying these? i have a space for them, that they can just take over.........................
1
1

Pruning plants keeps them healthy and shapely
Pruning. You stand in front of the shrub, shaking hands clutching the shears. Where to start? What if I clip off too much? Maybe I'll just leave it... Actually, pruning doesn't have to be scary....
1
1

Shady climbers for year round interest
I have a small garden surrounded by houses all sides and my neighbours have just erected a fence resembling the Berlin Wall on one side. I'd like to grow something up it which has year round interest....
5
5

Gravel border question
Hi, I just had a quick question - I've got a patio in my back garden with a border around it (about a foot wide) which I'm planning to dig down a bit and cover with gravel. The problem is I'm not sure...
2
2

Buying Organic Compost
I used all my garden compost up this month improving my soil in my flowerbeds but still needed more for planting out and for the front garden!! argh dilema!! A quick search on the internet and i found...
1
1

Product pushers
Did you see the back cover of Tree Care Industry XIX, No3 -march 2008. SUPER thrive? They say it has hormones in it and it helps trees? trees do not have hormones. Hormones is an animal term. Trees...
8
8

SHIGOMETRY question.
Has anybody done any SHIGOMETRY work in Allegheny National Forest (ANF) PA area? I have and have means for CER of Tionesta Area PA: On 8/26/1999 (Does anybody know about when the cambium zone goes...
13
13

Alstroemeria help please
I kept my Alstroemeria in a cool room over the winter and now I have to do something with it. Should I water it and bring it in the house where it's warm now or wait? I live in zone 5 and can't put it...

Daylily question
If I dig some clumps which didn't flower last year and transplant them now, will they flower for me this year? This is my newest love. Daylillies. Oh how scrumptious they are. Oh how little needed...
23
23

Not just Bee's now it is bat's too
³This is probably one of the strangest and most puzzling problems we have had with bats,² said Paul Cryan, a bat ecologist with the United States Geological Survey. ³It¹s really startling that...
7
7

small new garden
Sheltered accommodation fenced-off patch. Looking foeward to enjoying garden, ideas welcome.
2
2

Verbena - Annual or Perennial?
I just put in six GORGEOUS Verbenas -- a hybrid called Tapien Blue Violet. The label says Annual, but the nursery worker said no, it's perennial. Here is just one of many Web sites about the plant:...
7
7

californian lilac
hi there, could anyone tell me when this buds up, i have one in my garden which looks dead. thanks
4
4

Tomato Starting Discussion
A lot of us that read and post in this newsgroup grow tomatoes and a lot of us start our own seeds. I thought that I would start a discussion on how you start and grow your own tomatoes. I grow a lot...
20
20