Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Re Rachel Carson
"DDT still not banned for malaria control DDT is still one of the first and most commonly used insecticides for residual spraying, because of its low cost, high effectiveness, persistence and relative...
13
13

Number of cucs in a pot
About how many cucumber plants can I grow in a 21 inch pot that is abour 18 inches tall? I ran across some interesting seeds, Hmong Red and Gold Lemon. I thought they'd be cool to try - something...
7
7

How do I repair broken branch on Oak tree?
I was just cutting down large pine tree in yard and it fell into my beautiful Oak tree and broke branch....It is maybe 90% broke. can I put splint of some kind? Any advise appreciated.
9
9

Billy - organic vs non-organic info needed
Billy Can you help me out. You have previously posted info about the nutritional value of various crops grown organically & argo-farmingly. Are you able to provide some urls to that information?...
6
6

Cucumber Help!!!!!!
Hi all Being new to the whole "grow your own" this year i am now at panic stations!!! I kept one of my cucumber plants in side after losing three to frost, only now to find that all of the healthy...
1
1

Does Tomato Blossom Set Spray Work???
Saw an ad for Tomato Blossom Set Spray in this week's hardware circular. I don't have any idea if it really works or not. Does anyone have any first (or even second)-hand experience with this stuff?...
17
17

Off Topic just some comics
Worth some time. Hope you find Science Vs Swedish Mythology Found all this buried here. Bill

Ivy alert! It can be a wall killer
Ivy is a beautiful plant that creates mental images of both dignified, established structures and cozy old homes. Think Ivy League Universities on one hand and Hollywood=92s idea of a quaint English...

Thrips
I have an infestation of what is believed to be thrips. Any organic solutions... or even synthetic solultions? (im getting desparate).. B
1
1

Garden layout
I just tilled my garden, the culmination of a long time of work, a little at a time. Now, I'm not sure as to how to lay it out. How far apart should the rows be? Should I make level trenches so the...
4
4

Removing Blossoms
When removing blossoms to aid plant growth, is it O.K. to cut them off or should they be plicked off by hand?
9
9

planting Columbine Seeds
Colombines have developed seed pods... I'm game to try to grow them.... the few snippets of information gathered suggest they need a chill period and then summer heat. What's recommended... do the...
1
1

Broom
Hi all i have broom coming thro the gravel at the top end of my garden it has a membrane but this little s*d finds a way thro in all sorts of places i know it came thro from next door - I cannot seem...

Potting v Gardening soil
As a newbie gardener, I am confused between gardening and potting soils as sold in the stores. Obviously, plants can grow in gardening soil, so why it can't or should not be used in a pot? What's the...
16
16

Plant ID needed
Can anyone identify what kind of fern(?) this is. It just popped up in the garden a few weeks ago. Location: Western Washington State http://tinypic.com/r/2dtb9t/5