planting Columbine Seeds

Colombines have developed seed pods... I'm game to try to grow them....

the few snippets of information gathered suggest they need a chill period and then summer heat.

What's recommended... do the pods need to dry up and fall off (or be harvested) from the plant, or can they be used green ??

Is it possible to chill them for a month and then plant them in containers by July... or do they need to chill for a longer period ??

What method brings you the most success ??

Thanks in advance !!

Peter

btw....the black snake... from what you've said, they are pretty nomadic, and do not hang around any location. A knowledgeable reptile person mentioned a recent study regarding ticks, snake population and lyme disease. Results of study demonstrated a rise in number of ticks / lyme disease in areas with a decreasing snake population. I gather he was talking about snakes eating the ticks.

Anyway, caught the snake, he became the neighborhood celebrity for about a day, and then released him in a more favorable location.

ps... when your girlfriend is terrified of snakes, it's usually NOT a good idea to suddenly hold up one of those elastic straps with hooks on both ends in front of her face. The doctor says I'll be able to see out of my eye again in another month or so, but the ribs might take a little longer.

Reply to
Peter

I just scatter the seeds when the pods open

Reply to
Garrapata