Ticks working in the back yard clearing brush

How do you get ticks out of your skin?
I keep getting ticks working out in the back yard clearing brush.
Often they show up on my back or back of my legs or the back of my waist (why can't they confront me where I can see them, like a real manly tick should!).
I have the wife or teen tweeze them out and then I have them squeeze if they can to get a drop of blood if possible, and then hydrogen peroxide, and then iodine tincture.
Then we baggie the ticks and put them in the freezer, just in case some medical people ask who done it. We check for a week to see if there's an infection, but, by then, we're working on another tick.
What do you do to get the ticks out and to prevent disease?
On Thu, 29 Dec 2016 21:50:49 +0000 (UTC), Gijs Van Dijk

A cordless soldering iron, touched to the head of the tick will cause it to release. Nasty little bastards; wear long sleeves, long pants, blouse your pants legs and button your collar, oh and wear a hat and gloves.
Stormin' Norman wrote:

We wanted to save the tick to identify it on the microscope.
I don't know the genus species but here is a picture taken today.
http://i.cubeupload.com/WxdX09.jpg
Do you know the genus species?
1. deer tick (black legged tick) ? 2. lone star tick ? 3. wood tick (american dog tick) ? 4. rocky mountain wood tick ?
On Fri, 30 Dec 2016 00:10:37 +0000 (UTC), Gijs Van Dijk

Frank, why do you keep nym shifting?
Oren posted for all of us...

That spelling would be tics-like facial tics, finger tics, brain tics.
--
Tekkie

Tekkie® laid this down on his screen :

What's the correct spelling for lunar ticks?
On Fri, 30 Dec 2016 00:10:37 +0000 (UTC), Gijs Van Dijk

Look it up yourself here :
http://www.insectidentification.org/mite-or-tick.asp
John T.
snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Only has 3 ticks for all of north america so it must be the 4th one which is called "tick" written by "staff writer".
I think it's the deer tick personally. Blacklegged deer tick specifically.
Doesn't seem to carry disease though.

Try these - just four more of dozens of web sites dedicated to tick identification ..
http://www.tickencounter.org/tick_identification
http://www.tickinfo.com/
http://labs.russell.wisc.edu/wisconsin-ticks/tick-identification-for-public-health-and-medical-professionals/
http://www.wrbu.org/VecID_TK.html
John T.
Oren posted for all of us...

Maybe he should use his sidearm... The projectile would sterilize the bite and surrounding meat.
--
Tekkie

After serious thinking Tekkie® wrote :

Do not feed the troll.
My god. Im a pro. My poor wife has been infected twice. Almost died from ti cs. I put seven tic repelant everwhere she walks. Sold our camper and all. She will be home from work soon and ill let her advise using my sig. She lo st two years suffering from the bastards. Give her an hour or so to type ba ck...5 oclock now where im at...
No luck for her typing. Sick. Will not forget though.
Thomas wrote:

What disease did she get?
Here is my current rash.
http://i.cubeupload.com/xyk1sl.jpg
I'm looking up which diseases they cause, but it seems that each species of tick has different diseases!
I'm north of San Francisco in the Pacific Coast, but I don't know what kind of tick this is yet. 1. Black legged (deer) tick ? 2. Lone star tick ? 3. American dog (wood) tick ? 4. Rocky Mountain wood tick ?
Here are some pictures taken by holding the phone to the microscope if anyone out there knows the kinds of ticks identify them.
Top:
http://i.cubeupload.com/uVr2Md.jpg
Bottom:
http://i.cubeupload.com/Ny1soL.jpg
Head:
http://i.cubeupload.com/9Q12yK.jpg
Hello. I am Thomas' wife & had Lyme Disease twice. Your 1st link looks li ke a Deer tick which is the carrier of Lyme. The co-infections they also c arry are usually worse than Lyme. I did contract neurological Lyme which a ffected my memory, word recall, vision, speech...not happy times. But I al so got Babesiosis, Bartonella, Erlichia, and a pulmonary fungus that I coul dnt fight off bc the Lyme killed my immune system.
I no longer go camping, hiking, picnicking...in fact I dont walk in grass E VER!!! I will not brush up against shrubs or weeds and I dont visit friend s who have pets.
Lyme disease & all the bad things that come with it took away my love of na ture.
I suggest watching the video "Under Our Skin" on You Tube. It's not the be st format but it's the full documentary. "UNDER OUR SKIN 2008 FULL DOCUMEN TARY" by Hoo Jyn. A lot of info & pharmaceutical controversy.
I wish you the best of luck & health. Lyme is much worse than what we're b eing lead to believe.
On 12/29/2016 8:29 PM, Thomas wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to post this. I know at least 3 people with Lyme and try to avoid it. You give a good incentive. I hope the worst is past for you.
Thomas wrote:

I got Lyme from a tick several years ago , caught it early and was treated with a round of strong antibiotics which apparently cured it . At least I've never suffered from any of the horrors described by others .
--
Snag

On Fri, 30 Dec 2016 00:08:08 +0000 (UTC), Gijs Van Dijk

Try here :
http://www.insectidentification.org/mite-or-tick.asp
John T.
snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Only has 3 ticks for all of north america so it must be the 4th one which is called "tick" written by "staff writer".
I think it's the deer tick personally. Blacklegged deer tick specifically.
Per Gijs Van Dijk:

I have stopped going where I get ticks.
Every bird watcher I know has serious Lyme disease, as does the misguided gardener in New Jersey (the Jersey shore is crawling with the things).
When I saw your second pic link, a little voice in my head said "Lyme Disease Bullseye Rash". If I had that I could get myself to a competent doctor ASAP. Without prompt treatment, Lyme goes into the cartilage of the joints and then you have it for life.
--
Pete Cresswell