Subject Author Posted Replies

Hydrangea leaves look rusty,, HELP!
Can anyone identify what is wrong with my Hydrangea leaves please? Some of them are starting to look tired, old and rusty! It is a relatively young plant and was very pretty last year. I dont know...

Can Healthy Grass Get-Rid of Dandelions?
I want to get-rid of dandelions from a lawn of a couple acres, and I have been doing some reading. There is a basic list of things to do, and one of them is to make a healthy lawn but it is never...
9
9

Leatherwood Fern?
I bought this little package at home depot garden area and was surprised to see that the product was what looked like a half moon. I thought that fern's could only propagate through spores? Anyhow...
3
3

Vegetables In Compost Bin - Edible??
Hi all, The other day when I went to my compost bin to throw away some banana peels and egg shells, I noticed a bunch of green plants ( about 8 or 9 ), growing out of the top of my compost bin, so I...
8
8

ant Lions, eastern Tiger(s) swallowtail and Slugs
Actually, the ant Lions, eastern Tiger(s) swallowtail and Slugs may be in a better position than we are. Apparently, we have already overdrawn our sustainability account. "More and more data are...
1
1

Brocolli, starting to flower
One of the my Brocolli plants is already flowering? I purchased it as a seedling. It was rather large and already starting to bud. Some later reading on the net led me to believe this plant might not...
8
8

What to plant in between paving
Hi, does anyone know of any plants that I can plant between paving slabs on my patio, something low growing, can cope with being walked on a bit, the patio is full sun most of the day so would get...
12
12

Save my Cacti, Hi.
Hi, Firstly ill introduce myself. My names andy, im 18. and i love weird and wonderful plants. I.E, cacti. Ive had a problem with minet hat ive had about 2 years... Firstly it got a small hole in it,...

More problems - slugs
I visited the plants tonight and one of my cucumber pots was crawling with slugs. I removed about a dozen by hand. How effective are the natural remedies. I searched the Net and see that a bowl of...
26
26

Watering plants with aquarium water
I have a 150 and 60 gallon freshwater tanks. I soaked my plants with about 10 gallons of used tank water today. I am thinking the nitrates will be very beneficial to the plants. The tank water has...
7
7

Help - leafe miners
Damn it but my young Hmong red cucumbers have leaf miner damage already and they have only begun to take off. What is the quickest and best way to knock this down? Screw organic, at this rate my...
4
4

Clover Control
I have a bad clover problem here in the DC area. As much as I hate to use chemicals, I may have to. We are planning to take a 3 week vacation starting at the beginning of August. Would I do damage to...
51
51

Plants that need little water
Hi everyone, Any advice on what summer plants I can put in a tub that'll be in the sun but won't get much watering - long story I won't bore you with but I could really do with some advice. So far...
18
18

Please help ID this fly trapped on an apple-maggot trap
I just put out some tangle-trap coated red balls to reduce the apple maggot infestation [this is in Seattle]. By the end of the day I had at least 6 of these flies, about 8mm body length. I've posted...

Garden Trek III: The search for Shat
(my apologies for the title - I'm a Trekkie. Just bought a Spock shirt, in fact) Anyway, today I called numerous places, and visited several large stores and garden centers in search for "Composted...
22
22