Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Problems with germinating Broccoli...
"Mike Stevenson" wrote in news:VoKNa.10137$ From my searching on the web, heat has been my best guess as well. One site mentioned that the plants should fully mature before hot weather arrives, so I'm...
4
4

Moving a bleeding heart
I'm very new at gardening. I started with a small patch in the front of my house a couple of years ago. Last year I worked on starting my back garden. Since then, I've realized I should have my...
5
5

Snail Vine
Has anyone had any experience growing snail vine? How well do they do in Arizona and do they need a trellis or will they cling to a wall? Sharon

quince bushes and vines
Hi, I have a growing (pun intended) problem with a vine, honeyvine milkweed, that is taking over my flowering quince bushes. The quince bushes grow in clumps which consists of a large group of shoots...

RHS Royal Horticultural Society Membership
I am interested to read some opinions on the merits of RHS membership. particulary interested in the usefulness of their enquiry service. Looking forward to reading some opinions.
2
2

Krimson King Problems - Overwatering?
This spring, I planted a small Krimson King on my parkway (I live in Chicago). I've recently noticed that some of the leaves have turned brown and are falling off. While you might think that this is...
1
1

Trimming Yaupon Holly
Hi, I was hoping to get some advice on this issue .. My hollies need trimming again, but before I do it, I'd like to get some feedback. I just trimmed it about 6-8 weeks ago, and the new growth is...
1
1

Re: Grapes falling off vines prematurely
It must be the water - Too much. I have Lime and plan to sprinkle it around each vine - just in case. Thanks Dwayne wrote:

English bluebells in Eastern US?
One of my earliest memories is of picking bluebells, presumably Hyacinthoides non-scripta, in the English woods. I'd like to try growing some in our garden in the North Carolina piedmont, but I am...
1
1

Wierd Sunflower update
Of the 23 small heads this one plant now has, 4 of them are starting to bloom. I think this one plant is going to have a lot of trouble supporting all those seed heads.
3
3

BER tomato good for anything?
I just picked off a green tomato with a brown bottom. I wonder if it's good for anything (e.g. seeds) besides composting and throwing during bad vaudeville shows. How developed are the seeds? The...
2
2

Re: A question re: Indoor Plant Light Bulbs
Thanks to you and Joseph for your replies. :-) GH

naturalization
What does it mean when I read that certain plants are good for "naturalization"? Or plants are perfect for a well-adapted to "naturalization"? Thanks, Cynthia
2
2

Re: advice on trimming bushes needed
You can cut both of them back to about a foot tall next spring and they will rejuvinate from that. Your "boxwood with thorns" sounds like a barberry. Toad
2
2

helping a sickly, spindly Clematis
I have just uncovered a poor, sickly-looking Clematis growing up the sidewall of my little garden and I hope someone can help me make it more robust. The plant has just a single "stem" measuring about...
3
3