Subject Author Posted Replies

salt content of rabbit pellets...
I have recently been purchasing bags of rabbit pellets as an organic fertilizer for both my lawn and plants. I have read a few minor concerns over the salt content though. The bags I use say anywhere...
3
3

Hosta-bilities...
:) Hello, I've just joined, and was wondering if someone would like to share all sorts of wonderful hosta tips. I've just purchased a little Tudor house with a shade gardening potential so rich that...
2
2

lawn with violets
I have violets taking over my lawn. Any thought on how to stop this would be appreciated.
9
9

Composting Question
I take my "vegtable scraps and so forth" and dig a shallow hole, dump them in, and cover them with dirt. Is this just as good as if I had a composting pile? I avoid the pile because I do not animals...
3
3

Sick Watermelons??
We got a late start on our watermelons, but alas, they are starting to grow pretty fast. We have noticed that about half of them are rotting on one end...way before they're ready to harvest:( Is this...
2
2

Re: Help identifying a weed
Matthew, I've just joined the site, but I was reading that you had no replies to your spreading knotty weed problem, and thought you might try this... Unless you have strong opposition to chemicals, I...

Re: Trouble starting new Husqvarna 350 chainsaw
Personally, all I've ever had is Husqvarnas and I've been well satisfied. I've also always bought from a local guy who's a good mechanic. That way, if I've got a problem it's his problem. If yours is...
3
3

Should I plant celosia (cockscomb) in pairs?
I just purchased two 6 packs of celosia, and noticed that in some of the containers there were 2 plants. Should I plant more than one of these in the same hole? -Thanks
1
1

Drooping Yucca Just The Flowers
Can someone tell me if this is normal? The Yucca was planted in the fall 2003, in the late spring a stalk of flowers shot right up about 36" and stayed vertical for a month or two, now it's drooping...

Midgeley's Purple grape
I purchased a Midgely's purple grape a year or two ago and can find no info on it. Anyone grow it? What's it like? Tasty? Bob

Agastache: The worst weed in my garden!
Last year I started a whole bunch of perennials from seed for a butterfly/hummingbird garden. Agastache foeniculum ("Blue Spike" anise hyssop) was one of them. The plants grew well and bloomed that...
6
6

iris borer infestation
Hello folks, I am in the process of digging up all my iris--this could take weeks--to wipe out iris borer. I have found borer in almost every clump. So far they seem to be confined to the leaf and...
2
2

cucumbers inside cages
I am growing cucumbers inside cages made from rewire (some left-over tomato cages) to conserve garden space. My concern is whether the vines are sufficiently supported by the cucumber plants' tendrils...
1
1

FIRE ANTS: Shop Vac & Incineration
Put bag in shop vac and use 2 heavy duty extension cords, suck them out and then burn the bag. We heard in some states its so bad the city doesn't allow home owners to remove them in any way. The city...
5
5

Re: Mosquito Traps-Do they work?
---- How do these actually attract mosquitos? Or fire ants? Zebrin > endorsements or recommendations I make. SPACE AND SCIENCE, THE FINAL FRONTIER This website is for sale! aquaria.net is your first...
1
1