you know you're a mad gardener when......

They'll have film 3 on a separate package. Not everyone has the money to rebuy whenever the release new "editions." It's all a ploy.

I was wanting to READ Harry Potter before I saw the films. I'm about 5 Anne Rice books, behind. When I was in treatment I had horribly blurred vision so couldn't read, or stitch, too weak to garden or paint the house or decorate or anything. Now I have energy, and eyesight and I'm on over load!

I'll look for The Water Babies. Is it a childrens book? We have many used bookstores in Austin.

...and I never knew that about Mary Poppins. I really dislike Disney...didnt' they do Mary Poppins? They can't seem to make a childrens movie without scaring the shit out of the kid with the first ten minutes. Wasn't Nemo, Disney? First few minutes the mother gets offed. Nice.

Keep warm, V

Reply to
animaux

Funny, I have the same basic complaint about Disney. The only ones that I can think out with out death are Toy Story, TS2 and ( I think, never saw the whole thing) Monsters, Inc.

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Get a certificate to prove it:

check out the mad ones:

Dvd

No death in Monsters Inc. but very emotional situations for little children to deal with. Getting lost, secret, scary doors, etc.

Reply to
animaux

But don't most good movies (for the younger set) deal with overcoming some fear/hardship? Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

yeah, but for those of us who at first didn't know they were releasing extended versions..........I didn't purchase the second one, Squire did. I was willing to wait for the release of the extended version but he was champing at the bit to own a copy of Two Towers so there you go............patience is a virtue

I found it thanks to a most remarkable woman by the name of Allegra Smith who sent me a weblink this morning. Border's bookstore is searching for it for me currently. I hope by the time they locate it (I do so HOPE they find it!) I'll have the money saved up. There were two listed. One was printed in 1937 and the one I ordered was a reprint in 1980. Written by Charles Kingsley and Illustrated by Linley Sambourne. I wept when I went to the link this morning.

Disney...didnt'

Yes, they did. The funny thing was originally Walt did the darker stories. The brothers Grimm weren't all pastels and such. And Mother Goose and such weren't always nice as much as necessairy tales to teach morals and the like.

They can't seem to make a childrens movie without scaring

Ahhh but that is what life is about honey. Fish eats fish, and on up the food chain. I think I'd rather have a good annimation with reality portrayed than "cleaning it up and glossing over the reality" of life's harshness. I got rather tired of the fluffy images that have been spun out of the last few decades. It never taught children the reality of life. Fairy tales are wonderful, but there are still fairies that bite...........

today was remarkable! It got up to 68o!! Now it's raining and for a brief moment I was able to go out today and lay the metal spring things I've had all these years Lets hope that Sugars digging hasn't killed the roots of most of my perennials. (I hope all she's done is a little division, but I'm not being unrealistic either) pics of the beds before her destruction would show you why I freaked (she dug in the same box again sometime last night and that's why I got off my butt and laid down the metal spring things today. It's large enough to lift easy and wide enough to allow plants to pop thru and when the bags of soil thaws, I will lay soil over the holes and plant things as I see what returns if anything. (hug) maddie

Reply to
madgardener

I don't have to prove I'm a madgardener. I've been THE madgardener since

1986. I have the issue of Organic Gardening with the letter I wrote to Mike McGrath when he was the editor after Robert Rodale died where I wrote to him about the "triffid like Cleome spinosa" in my gardens in Nashville and signed it the madgardener. I dropped my handle of years of Madwoman to Madgardener when I became aware of my budding obsession with horticulture when I returned to Tennessee in 1983. Mike not only answered it, he titled it and put the first piece of title in the contents page. A HUGE trowel in my garden bucket. We've crossed garden paths before. I have always called myself madgardener, and thanks to the endearment of a music dj friend who has decided to shorten it, I've taken on Aunt Maddie now as well. I am not here to contest you or the title you use. There's even a book written by Sarah Watkins called Garden Madness. But I don't have to prove I am THE madgardener or that I am a madgardener. It speaks for itself. madgardener up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler overlooking English Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36
Reply to
madgardener

Whoa! OK, you are THE original MAD GARDENER, but not the only mad gardener. Keep your trowel holstered. It's only for fun.

Merry Christmas!

Reply to
Dvd

I suppose. However, I don't think children should be introduced to hardship in films or television. Real life has plenty of hardship to overcome and that's where I believe those lessons should be learned. Not forced on us in a fictional way. The images of hardship in film media leaves an indelible impression in the mind of a child. At least it did with me.

Reply to
animaux

So many of the great books, for all ages, are about overcoming hardships or about dealing with them with "grace" "courage" .....

Many moons ago, I took a course that borrowed heavily on Bettlehiem's "Use's of Enchantment" - how even in "fairy tales" there were lessons on dealing with hardship (death, poverty to name a few) and these were useful tools for raising and educating children. (I don't mean reading and writing, but being useful in society.)

I would rather explain to my children about death, although imaginary, now, while I can comfort them, then see them unable to cope with it later.

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

need to do an amazon.com search, find the specific one you want and then put your name on a list to find it. I finally found a copy of the first book I ever read, (Little John Little), this way. Ingrid

madgardener wrote: Another book I'd just love to

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

Will do. I usually like to read first, then see. With films like fantasy of any kind, it's better for me to read first. I like to form my own visual image, rather than to have the one of the film. Though, I did read the film closely resembled the story and was relatively close in its appointments.

animaux

animaux expounded:

Another Bambi survivor! I was traumatized by Bambi, the thought of my parents dying and leaving me alone haunted me after seeing that movie.

Reply to
Ann

animaux expounded:

That was the beauty for me of the LOTR series. The movie nailed Middle Earth for me perfectly. I had tears in my eyes when I saw Hobbittown (yes, I know, I'm a sap!!)

Reply to
Ann

then I'm a bigger one. I wept when I sat in the theater when Squire took me to the first one, cried when I saw the Ents, and BOTH of us wept ALOT during the Return of the Kings, so I guess we're ALL saps!! (like I said in the first post, considering how much I cried, I was rather surprised that I still had to pee......... I don't have your e-mail address for some reason e-mail me!! madgardener

Reply to
madgardener

LOL, yeah, I am probably the original madgardener, but honey (david, right?) I know I'm not the ONLY madgardener. My trowel is for good only. I only use my powers for flowers............... Merry Christmas to you too honey. Think spring............I gave some people at work today "little pots of spring-time" since I am too poor to pay attention" and wanted to do a little something since we're really not having Christmas this year. They were blown away. All it was were these neat little pots that I'd scrounged from tropical plants that died (bleached them of course) that were the outer pots with designs, kept the inner orange as well (bleached, too ) and used some cheap soil and plugged in tri-colored crocus, golden crocus, blue scillia and one I plugged crocus in first and packed a baby Zebrina malvacea in with it for spring bloom and later summer overload. Went over quite well............

((hug)) no harm no foul madgardener up on the ridge, back in Fairy HOller overlooking English Mountain in Eastern Tennessee zone 7, Sunset zone 36

Reply to
madgardener

My mother tells me when she brought me to see it I had to be removed from the theater. I was screaming and crying. I've never seen Bambi, to this day. Only those short minutes in the theater.

Reply to
animaux