yippee rain!

Now you will have people thinking I made up those names.

David Hare-Scott

Possible explanation:

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

There's Intercourse, Pennsylvania. I live in Climax, New York.

Reply to
Brooklyn1

I knew that Numbugga was for real, having run across it before, and I figured that Nimmatabel must be (a booming metropolis of 200+ as I see now) since, who could make such a thing up. Of course Intercourse and Blue Ball are real too and are just about 10km from each other by road. Your two towns are much further.

Maybe I'll get a chance to visit them both some day. Hope so anyway.

PS: it was only recently that the source of Nullarbor finally hit me so I might be a bit slow.

Reply to
John McGaw

No, not near either of those, but I do like the bread shop at Nimmitabel.

Reply to
Farm1

LOL. Would I be right in thinking that you might not like doing cryptic crosswords???

Nullarbor has always sounded to me like it should be a crossword clue (cryptic or otherwise) but I guess it's no help that we don't pronounce it the way it should be done. Saying what sounds like Nulla Bore makes it sound like an Aboriginal word rather than like Latin.

Reply to
Farm1