WTB: Grass or Silk Grass, HELP!

Where can I find grass or silk grass (for decorative purposes)? Indoor use. (And no, astro-turf won't do..)

Need it to look like regular green lawn grass. Not a lot of grass is needed. Maybe only 1-2 square feet or so... I tried the regular silk flower stores in my area to no avail. They don't carry it-- at least not in my region. Any suggestions?

I saw a premium gift once where you can grow grass in a flower pot type container... but it was not sold retail. (No Chia Pets, please.) Anyone have any links, ideas??

I tried Googling for "grass" w/ limited results. I'd prefer silk grass to having to tend to real grass / sod. I don't need the issues (of real grass to tend to). But will consider real grass if sold as a kit or something else convenient. Not keen on growing grass from seeds in a pan...our indoor conditions aren't optimal for growing grass from seedlings..

Thanks in advance, Dinkyshop.com

Reply to
DinkyShop

Look for wheat grass seeds. They are often sold in pet shops as they are ideal for the herbacious needs of indoor pets. Very easy to grow from seed - germination is almost overnight. Just need regular room temps and a bit of bright light. Produces a very lush and thick grass-like carpet, about 3" tall max.

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam - gardengal