Why is it

If you try and plant grass or flowers in a certain spot they can make for problems in growing etc, but where you don;t want them they seem to grow all by themselves. If only flowers, grass and veggies were as easy to grow as weeds, I may actually have more fun with gardening etc. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy growing and pnating things, but weeds overall is a real pain. Nothing seems to bother weeds, like grubs, grasshoppers and other insects.......only real threat is man, (woman) but everything like to eat or prey on a flower or veggie.

Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy

Who are you trying to be?

A Dave Barry wannabe?

Reply to
Cereus-validus

Yep, I know that you mean. Sometimes I think gardening is about trying to keep order as much as it is about growing plants.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Visit my website:

expressed are those of my wifes, I had no input whatsoever. Remove "nospam" from email addy.

Reply to
Roy

One reason is that "weeds" are the most successful plants for a given area, and the stuff we try to nurture usually isn't. That is, a wild tomato growing wherever tomatoes originated, is probably a successful weed and very little like the cultivars in our gardens and farms.

Reply to
Frogleg