What Type of Evergreen Foundation Shrub??

I live in the U.S. in a very rural area in the border of zones 6 and

  1. I'm looking for 8 foundation shrubs to plant on the South and West side of the house that are: (1) Evergreen. (2) 2-4 feet high, spread is not important. (3) Drought tolerant. (4) South side gets full morning sun and West side gets full afternoon sun. (5) Disease and insect resistant. (6) Not an attractive meal to rabbits. (7) Deer resistant.There are plently of deer in the area but I've never seen them real close to the house which may change if they see a delicious meal this winter.

I've had Burford Holly for 3 years that did fairly well, with the exception of rabbit damage, but a late frost this year just about killed them off with only a few stragly stems sticking out now and the rabbits will finish them off in short order.

Thank you and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
ron

You really should keep flowers next to the house and keep trees at least 10' from the house. Shrubs need space as well.

Sincerely, John A. Keslick, Jr. Arborist

Beware of so-called tree experts who do not understand tree biology. Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding us that we are not the boss.

Reply to
symplastless