I live in the U.S. in a very rural area in the border of zones 6 and
7. I'm looking for 8 foundation shrubs to plant on the South and West
side of the house that are:
(2) 2-4 feet high, spread is not
(3) Drought tolerant.
(4) South side gets full morning sun and West side gets full afternoon
(5) Disease and insect resistant.
(6) Not an attractive meal to rabbits.
(7) Deer resistant.There are plently of deer in the area but I've
never seen them real close to the house which may change if they see a
delicious meal this winter.
I've had Burford Holly for 3 years that did fairly well, with the
exception of rabbit damage, but a late frost this year just about
killed them off with only a few stragly stems sticking out now and the
rabbits will finish them off in short order.
Thank you and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.