What kind of tree is this? Is the photo real?

was thinking a kind of Cypress, but maybe it's just a joke.

Sorry for being so naive

Reply to
daveyj

While I can't speak for that specific tree, yes, there are trees that have roots that are at least similar to that. I can't think of the name right now but there's a certain kind of palm that is common here in Hawaii that has many semi-aerial roots like that. The leaves of this particular palm I'm thinking of all seem to be bent in the middle with a clear and definite bend that looks like a mishap but it's the way they grow.

Tracey

Reply to
Tracey

Obviously, it's a penis tree :-P

Reply to
Matthew Reed

I don't watch reality shows. I find people in real life with no sense of humour to be much more entertaining :-)

Reply to
Matthew Reed

Hi, No joke, Pandanus utilis. It gets the common name of "screw pine" for the way the leaves grow not for what this woman is holding on to ;) HTH -_- how no NEWS is good

Reply to
how

Thanks. That's the information I was looking for.

Reply to
daveyj