What is the best Pine Bark Beetle treatment?

Recently we bought some land and are building a home. We have several large pine trees that are a big part of the landscape. I noticed some holes in the side of the trees and had a local nurseryman look at them. He said we have pine bark beetles in the trees and suggested a treatment using the Wedgle Direct-Inject system as shown on

I think the insecticide that woud be injected is called Pointer. Does anyone have experience with this system? I would appreciate any comments and further suggestions about how to deal with this problem. Thanks, Jack

Reply to
jplasater

jplasater