weeds

Does anyone have a simple solution for bishop's weed?

Reply to
mrnn209

Bishop's weed as in Aegopodium podograria? A rather aggressive deciduous groundcover in shade, it spreads by underground stolons. Digging up may only exacerbate the problem as it seems to regenerate easily from bits and pieces of stem and roots. Best treated with a broad spectrum herbicide in early spring as new growth emerges - older growth develops a tough leaf cuticle that is resistant to herbicide applications.

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam - gardengal

Use lots and lots of elbow grease while pulling it out!!!

Reply to
Cereus-validus.

Reply to
gregpresley

You are suggesting RoundUp in the spring? I tried waiting until the plants were older;they were easier to pull out. Apparently if I don't get every tiny bit I'm doomed.

Reply to
mrnn209

Yes, doomed. If you fail to get them all, it means the terrorists have won.

Reply to
FACE