Watering Schumbergera in budding stage

I have several Schlumbergera that bloom at various times. My question is about watering during the budding stage. I held back watering for 3 weeks, last week I watered and one of the blooms fell off. I am careful about not moving the plants. Anyone here withhold watering all together during bloom? My mother would put Christmas cactus in an unheated room, and leave it neglected during the winter and her cactus bloomed profusely. My zygocactus were outdoors on the deck from March to October, lots of morning sun and too much rain but all the pots are fast draining without saucers. I know the fastest way to kill these plants is too much water.

Reply to
Phisherman