water repellant spoil

yeah, i just used a bucket and a half of very similar material in the worm bins (dust from off the garlic that has been sitting out without any water since last summer). i wasn't going to mix it or wet it down, but i did layer it with other materials and will let the worms work at it. i figure it contains enough variety for them that they'll gradually get through it and mix it up for me. what i did do was make sure to soak down the surrounding layers well enough that eventually that moisture will get in there. one way or another...

no, i don't mean microspray, i just mean a finer mist than what some watering cans or sprayers put out. enough to make sure all of the mulch is wetted down instead of just bits of it.

i hope they'll come through ok and keep the wishes for more rain going too.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

I see I'm late to the party, and probably don't know what's going on, but that has never stopped me before.

Numero-uno: Sounds like you need more organic material in your soil.

Numero-two-o: Anionic Surfactants are negatively charged, and enhance foaming and other spreading properties. For example, shampoo for hair contains sodium or ammonium laureth sulfate, which is the preferred anionic surfactant for hair. Using an anionic surfactant in the greenhouse can cause problems with sprayers that have an agitator, or any system where the foam could disrupt water flow or pump suction. &

Numero-three-o: boil kitchen fat, and wood ash together, and then spread on garden.

Numero-four-o: Siesta time.

Reply to
Billy