Walton's Garden Sheds

A thread to warn consumers about buying a shed on-line from Walton's. After much deliberation and reading I decided to buy a shed from Walton's. Firstly the shed was allocated a delivery lot long after the guaranteed delivery time. On the day it was due to be delivered I received a phone to say it would come the day after! The shed arrived, delivered on an old flat bed and completely sodden wet. I unpacked the instructions to find a paper mache mess, the screws supplied were so rotten they were rusted together! The quality of the wood was laughably thin and uneven. The roof and floor are made of chip board and completely soaked through. The roof felt was damaged and useless. The thin plastic windows were damaged. My assumption is that the shed has lay outside for years. Anyway I wanted a refund, I called Walton's daily, several times per day, I wrote numerous emails but received no reply or answer to any. Eventually after a week of trying I managed to get through and was met by a very cheeky unprofessional person that basically told me to get lost! I needed a shed so I bought new wood for the floor and roof, new roof felt, screws, nails and extra wood to brace the shed together as the so called roof truss was just two lengths of cheap water damaged pine. To cut a long story short I paid £379.99 for the shed from Walton's and spent a further £220 on materials to make it good. My advise to some one wanting a shed this summer is buy from a local reputable shed builder never Walton's they are an utter disgrace.

Reply to
bmont

LAIN

rying to get through to a goniff like you're representing Walton's to be.

If one doesn't get a civilized reply after 2-3 tries, here's what to do (at least what I do).

Locate the Present/CEO/whatever of the company, and send him/her/it a fax setting forth SUCCINCTLY what your problem is and what you have unsuccessfully tried to do

If no reply within 2 days,contest your credit card charge (you DID put it on a credit card? That's one reason why people use cards -- to have redress if they're getting shafted).

Then send the Lord/Lady High Executioner a letter, Certified Mail, RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED (or whatever that's called in your country) enclosing a copy of your previous efforts, and giving them a DEADLINE to respond.

Usually, unless they are really stupid thieves, the top dog/cat will buck the problem to someone high up enough to solve it. It will end up a lot cheaper than the AWFUL 220 extra you say you spent on this train wreck.

Unless there's something you haven't included in your report, I'm sorry you pissed away good money after bad on lower level jerks.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson