Tv Gardener Wanted

ARE YOU PASSIONATE ABOUT PASSIONATE? TV COMPANY SEEKS TRADITIONA

PLANTSMAN OR PLANTSWOMAN FOR NEW TV PROJECT. YOU WILL KNOWLEDGABLE CONFIDENT, HAVE A GOOD SENSE OF HUMOUR AND A NO-NONSENSE APPROACH TO B BOTH GARDENING AND PEOPLE. NO TV EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.

CONTACT: MATT KIRKHAM, HOTBED MEDIA. TEL: 0121 248 3905 EMAIL: snipped-for-privacy@hotbedmedia.co.u

-- Matt Kirkham

Reply to
Matt Kirkham

Does it include transportation to the UK? c

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Did he mention money?

Jan

Reply to
Jan Flora

I'd go over for a try out for just expenses....I need a vacation and I don't see another one until the kids are out of college. C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

snip

va...-ca...-tion.... vacation? i don't know that word...what's that?!?

lol, rae

Reply to
rachael simpson

A break from responsibilities - something we parents don't get from the moment of conception 'til they have their own family.

Cheryl Isaak

oh great! i've got a long time to look forward to one then...lol rae the mother of a 2yr old & 6 month old

Reply to
rachael simpson

Hah......you just keep telling yourself that! ;-)

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

I have no experience but I would be willing to garden in women's clothing if you can guarantee that it will make me a *star*.

Amos going on Amy

Reply to
Amos Nomore

We'll be expecting pictures in abpg, thank you.

Reply to
Charlie

I am passionate about passionate. Once the cabbage is deposited to my accounts in the Caymans, TV gardening will never be the same.

Reply to
Amos Nomore

Be still my beating heart..... Since my ISP doesn't support binary groups, make sure you post those shots to a website. ;) Are we reading the next Charlie Dimmock? C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Let's not let our hopes get away from us.

Reply to
Amos Nomore

Oh goody! maybe they will do co-hosts, so that way we can see Charlie in his garden get up that billy teased him about in the past......

lol!

Reply to
rachael simpson

With this degree of brainstorming and talent, us Yanks'll surely beat 'em to the punch.

This production needs a name. I don't think "Gardening is a Drag" will fly. Suggestions?

Reply to
Amos Nomore

Victor Victoria's Victory Garden? Nah. Crockett would freak.

Reply to
Amos Nomore

The message from Amos Nomore contains these words:

Sorry to dash your hopes, Amy, but you're a decade too late.

Here in the UK we've already had our fill of TV garden presenters who cultivate sexual ambiguity. There was the two-pronged appeal of butch and braless beerswilling one-of-the-guys-gal Charlie Dimmock. Plus her side-kick Tommy the handyman, 6ft of scowling muscle in tiny tight white shorts and bondage-strap webbing tool belt. Bob Flowerdew with a waist-length blond hair plait, who talks a great deal about rubber, and doubleskin polytunnels . Camp, limp-wristed, flowing silk-shirt Lawrence Llewellyn Bowen, a sultry pouter with bigger hair than Joan Collins and only slightly less mascara..and his sidekick bit of rough, Diarmuid Gavin. (All of them in longterm hetero partnerships IRL).

Janet.

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

I miss Ground Force with Alan Titchmarsh, it just worked all the way around. But I do regularly import Titchmarsh's novels; I adore them. Never really enjoyed just Charlie and Tommy - some of the charm went away. Still did A+ gardens.

Who did the gardens with all the concrete and steel...used to make me crazy. A friend called them the Goth gardener - he struck me as very dark.

Haven't seen the others on BBCAmerica, but have seen LLB on decorating shows. No thanks. BTW, don't give a rats a** about their private lives.

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

As I have since read the Lawrence Llewellyn Bowen is also a TV gardener, I'd rather have another Charlie.... C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Is grammar something which went extinct with the other tens of thousands of extinctions?

Does it count that my garden was ON television?

Reply to
jangchub