tree wound dressing

Ya think!!!!! :)

Reply to
Jangchub

I would like you to go to a tree that you pruned one year or more ago and show me the round doughnut of wound wood on a live oak. I will add the picture which best shows pruning, at least 1 year ago, to my dictionary on pruning and give you credit. I will place it on the front page of my pruning section as a sign of proper pruning.

E.,g,

symplastless

Show me yours Don Staples.

Reply to
symplastless

address correct?

Reply to
Jangchub

Great!

Did you know if you prune a sprout in the correct place you get a doughnut as well? You do. Just prune to the swollen area without leaving a stub or injuring the swollen area.

My biggest problem with people I work with is to get them to respect trunk tissue when removing symplastless branches. Look here:

constantly wound the trunk and they are closed minded. Except for the exception on my best friend who will listen.

Oh.well, I look forward to some of your pictures from your area.

Reply to
symplastless

Why, you nasty little beast.

Beware of so-called tree biologist that have never studied biology.

Reply to
D. Staples

Yes, I do know this about smaller cuts. Live oaks are basically trash trees. They are beautiful, but a huge mess most of the time. Lower branches are constantly dying and need to be cleaned up. The canopy is so dense there isn't enough light to support the lower branching, so yearly it needs to be pruned out.

Finally, we bought an electric, pole chain saw. Trick here is to use Lysol betwen trees. I'll try to get photo's today.

Reply to
Jangchub

Don

We are having an intelligent conversation here. Bug off your attitude loser.

You are getting to be a royal pain.

Reply to
symplastless

Jan

The good Doctor recommended a 10% household bleach and water solution if sterilizing was desired. Also a bad thing to use is rubbing alcohol. When I lived in Florida I really did not know much about trees. I worked on water, live and willow oaks. One day I got paid by the hour to apply wound dressing every place I thought an insect could get in. When I was done I had a poka dotted tree. Kind of funny. I used to get more wound dressing on me than the tree. That stuff is a carcinogen. I am lucky I do not have cancer. Thanks in advance for sending me the pictures.

Reply to
symplastless

Good,

Beware of so called tree biologist who have never studied biology.

Reply to
D. Staples

I'm baaaackkk! Is yu scaredid?

Oh dude/dudette. You simply did not really reply to all that I said. Just one potshot at one sentence. No one mentioned the word "wounds" except you. Whatever the context, verbage, the trees did very good. Something you don't seem to want to address. Some politico and meaningless word from you. Well, guess you can't take the heat (kitchen).

Jang: What the live oaks do producing dead limbs is seeking the sun in failure. The limbs cease to be productive, the tree stops feeding it. Makes sense to me as a more selective tree, rather supporting stuff that's not cutting the mustard. Not purty, but very functional. Makes even more sense when you consider its fighting the heat, drought conditions, and Juniper Ashe intrusion as well. Hardly a trash tree... Don't apologize or make excuses to Symp.

Have a Juniper Ashe remnant trunk about 4' tall on my land. Trunk is almost

2' in diameter. Looks like someone cut it down that way. Dried up etc. I don't particularly like these trees. But, if still alive, I'd definitely prune it to 6' high for branching and let it be. I don't see any nearly this thick at the trunk anywhere around in the county.

For those who don't know, its typical to cut a Juniper Ashe about 2' above the soil line. Leave it be for a year or 2, then, knock it over. Failure, wait another year or 2. Common if the immediate rooting is in heavy limestone. Sorry, that's common in central TX. May be different in other locations. Am aware their may be exceptions. My location, blueberry version. Rocky mountain version has red berries. I am not an arborist. I do observe and am aware of differences of other areas, weather conditions, temperatures, soils, and other things that contribute to differences. Something not so common here... Dave

Reply to
Dave

Where did you go?

Reply to