Transplanting Tall Phlox

I have some beautiful fuschia Phlox growing in front of my house. They are very tall (about chest high). There are a few that I would like to transplant where you can see them better. How would I do this? Just dig them up and relocate? Or are their roots sensitive and I would probably kill them?

Thanks! Angie

Reply to
junkyardcat

I am guessing this is Phlox paniculata but I might be wrong. I would transplant in fall after you prune back for the winter...or even in spring before flush.

Reply to
Mike LaMana