sun protective clothing

HI,

I have been buying sun protective clothing for my children for 6 years now and I have had the best results from:

There are so many options now and these 2 have the best customer service and selection.

I recently found

and she has women's outfits which I have purchased.

Reply to
mommy2abbey

When my wife and I were in equatorial Africa for a month when the sun was directly overhead and we were at 5,000 ft. elevation, we used SPF clothing. We got ours at:

All performed very well, fit very well, and were easy to care for. They were all quick dry fabrics. However, most importantly they must be the correct items:

Long sleeved shirt and blouses, Long legged pants, UVA and UVB protective sunglasses, and, VERY important, a broad brimmed hat. The best hats are at:

They aren't cheap but they are insured against loss, guaranteed and come with an owners manual. Tilley has other SPF/UV certified clothing also.

Reply to
Stephen Henning

i find that the sun protective clothing at

was quit helpful!! yay!!

Reply to
jaquesad

What's this, double team spammers?

Reply to
Jangchub

Partially. Tilley hats are amazing.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Of all things, Rit Dye sells an agent you can wash your clothing in which gives the cloth and sp 30, I believe. It lasts for up to 30 washes in the machine. I started using it a few years ago because the medications I was on made me very photosensitive and my skin would burn through my clothes. After I used this product I was fine. Ordinarily I'd say this was a potential placebo effect, but sunburn is sunburn.

Reply to
Jangchub

Jangchub expounded:

No, I imagine Stephen either

1) Didn't realize the OP was a spammer and took the subject seriously or 2) Wanted to give better quality suppliers than the spammer's.

Kittery Trading Post has a line of sun-protective clothing, I can't remember the name but LLBean also carries it. KTP is a bit cheaper.

Reply to
Ann

HI,

I have been buying sun protective clothing for my children for 6 years now and I have had the best results from:

There are so many options now and these 2 have the best customer service and selection.

I recently found

and she has women's outfits which I have purchased.

Reply to
mommy2abbey

Actually, in truth I was joking around. It didn't translate to screen. I do think I'm going to invest in a really good hat this year. I can NOT have sun on my face any more. I burn in the shade!

Jangchub

OK- now it's excessive :)

-Toni

Reply to
Cearbhaill

Jangchub expounded:

That Tillie hat line that someone else mentioned is really good, but I don'tthink the brims are broad enough.. I've got several nicely woven, broad brimmed straw hats I wear out there. I don't burn much, but the sun on my head and in my eyes will bring on migraines guaranteed.

Reply to
Ann

You've gotta get this monster Tilley model - it's a veritable umbrella!

JoeSpareBedroom

I have rosacea so my face gets red even without a drop of sun. It flares up when I do anything strenuous. I also have straw hats and they suffice, but they stick in my skin all scratchy after a spell.

The Asian market store sells the hats Asians wear when planting rice. They are cone shaped and I may try that. It is made of bamboo.

I hate getting old. My body is decomposingggggggggggggggg.

Reply to
Jangchub

"JoeSpareBedroom" expounded:

broader brim. I don't have a picture or I'd post it...

Reply to
Ann

Jangchub expounded:

My sister has it too, along with MS. I bought her the same hat I have.

Those sound neat!

Happens to all of us, kiddo, just not always at the same rate. Getting old is not for sissies! :o)

Reply to
Ann

Depends on your needs. I need ONE hat that will also keep the rain off. The Tilley doesn't fail unless I'm in a downpour for about 3 hours. A straw hat would be a sad mess by that point.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I am really starting to feel it now, though. I should give my body time to rejuvenate after a year or chemo injections for my Hep C. Hopefully this was the time it worked. I had the same treatment four other times and was negative for several years to have it return.

Reply to
Jangchub

When it rains in TX we get out of the way and go inside. It is almost always accompanied by dangerous ground to cloud lightening and cloud to ground lightening. We love rain here, but almost every time it rains there are flash floods and at leas someone dies driving over a road where storm water is flowing. They tell everyone a million times never to drive over even an inch of water as that can drag any vehicle into the creek.

Reply to
Jangchub

Same here, sometimes. But, trout season begins April 1. If it's over 40 degrees, I'll be out there in the rain.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Jangchub expounded:

Take care and good luck to you, V.