Stainless Steel in the Garden

Hi there I have just joined this group and would like to introduce myself. My name is Jake Howard AKA The Deadlyartichoke and I make sculptures for agrdens out of recycled stainless steel. I have recently posted them on my web site and if you are interested to look and leave feedback then they can be seen @

. cheers for now

Reply to
the sculptor

Mark Anderson

Ahhhhhhhhmen, what he said.......I hate that music and also fluttering, running, dancing, kissing, giffy type crappola. Keep it simple. If you want to sell a product just sell it; the "dazzle them with bullsh*t" is a total turn off.

Val

Reply to
Val

Reminds me of the circa 1995 websites that discovered the use of the tag. I agree, disable the music. This isn't a store, don't force us to listen to it, let me pick my own music from my own ipod.

-S

Reply to
Snooze

Couldn't agree more, particularly when it's the hackneyed Four Seasons and done electronically too! Ye gods!

There is a tiny QuickTime contro right down at the bottom where you can pause the music but I'm afraid anyone who can choose such a dire rendering of that music to put on their site shows a distinct lack of imagination and taste and I have no desire to go further :-(

Reply to
rwakeford

You know, this is what baffles me about most of the Myspace pages I've seen. Every teenager I know personally listens to music all the time. Yet many of these kids set music to play when you open their Myspace pages -- despite the fact that all their friends are ALREADY listening to music while surfing around on Myspace. The "1995" aspect of it doesn't count with kids (who were still wearing nappies in 1995) but it ought to matter to an adult.

Still I k>>> Kill the damn music on your site.

Reply to
kaspian

I know a couple of teens who've said "I'm going to be a web site designer - check out my MySpace page", and it's a train wreck. Actually, ALL of MySpace is a train wreck, and the worst place to practice web design skills. Even after being bought by Rupert Murdoch for $580 million, the company still can't fix some persistent technical problems. And, they still have not upgraded their original server:

JoeSpareBedroom

There is a button on the bottom of the page for you to choose if you want music or not. I like Vivaldy. Thanks for the comments that is what I am after good or bad.

Mark Anders> Kill the damn music on your site. I might have looked but become

Reply to
the sculptor

Reply to
the sculptor

If your visitors are in quiet environments, the music will come as a complete surprise and may be disturbing to others nearby. Imagine this: You wake up in the middle of the night because you're thirsty. You go to the kitchen for a glass of water. On a totally random basis, your faucet will cause your stereo to turn on and play Led Zeppelin music at 95 decibels, and not just in your kitchen, but from speakers all over the house, and on your roof, too. It might not happen every time, but you'll never know when. This is stupid.

Get rid of the sound on your web site. Your opinion on this is wrong. Fix it. There is no debate possible on this issue.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 18:13:06 -0600 in , Mark Anderson graced the world with this thought:

I agree, however, this was around for years before myspace--and worse yet, it would be a midi file.. Nothing worse than someone putting Black Flag at full volume and making the off button nearly impossible to find... bye bye to that site! Fortunately, a lot of places seem to just have music on their homepage, and if you change to wherever you might be going, there isn't anything. Who actually thought this was a good idea?

Reply to
bizbee

well sad to say i know but before reading everyones opinions on here i actually thought that a little light music on your sight was a good idea .......oh well you live and learn.

Deadlyartichoke (sta> On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 18:13:06 -0600 in

Reply to
the sculptor

Apparently, you haven't put this new knowledge to practical use yet. The music's still there. Get to work.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Reply to
the sculptor

We're not rude. We're disgusted. The things we taught you should be obvious to anyone with a little common sense. Do you think 100% of your audience sits at home waiting for noisy web sites?

Try this newsgroup for assistance with removing your music, or making it voluntary: uk.net.web.authoring

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

well I should be grateful that you only choose to be so critical of the music, for the information of everyone the music has gone, without the help of your link I sussed it out for myself.

Deadlyartichoke ( Stainless Stel Sculptures @

)

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Reply to
the sculptor

well I should be grateful that you only choose to be so critical of the music, for the information of everyone the music has gone, without the help of your link I sussed it out for myself.

Deadlyartichoke ( Stainless Stel Sculptures @

)

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Reply to
the sculptor

I like your sculpture. Did you think there would be negative comments about that?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Hi Jake,

I like most of your sculptures, apart from the Stinging Steel thats wa too hostile looking for my tastes. ;-) My favourite is The Year of th Butterfly and the much more affordable Chiming Cubes.

Indicating the dimensions of the sculptures beneath the image woul probably entice me to hang around and browse on your website fo longer, especially if you added a paragraph of what inspired you t create the sculpture.

Good luck, I wish you success.

Eileen.

JoeSpareBedroom Wrote:

-- Eileen