squirrels stealing tomatoes

This is quite common.

David Hare-Scott

Hi Gus,

I would have to concur with David. I use to work at a greenhouse. The potted tomato plant they sold to transplant all had flowers on them.

-T

Reply to
Todd

okay. Thought maybe there was something in the air this year. I've not really raise many vegetables.

Reply to
Gus

Dogs?

Reply to
Todd

Habanero and fox urine will work much better, just don't put fox urine on the plants.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

That's not fair.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

There are plenty of foxes round here how do I collect the repellent?

David Hare-Scott

How do I get a fox to pee in cup?

I tried some stuff from the vegetable stand nearby that was some sort of repellent but didn't have any effect. And oddly, I had left some on a table out by the garage and it had fallen off. The package was open and there was a little chipmunk next to the opened package, dead. I assume it ate the repellent? Weird. The clerk at the vegetable stand swore the stuff worked, but I won't be buying anymore.

Reply to
Gus

Frank wrote: ...

they often are smelling the fertilizer (that usually has fish parts or ...) in the potting mix.

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Encounter last year was a half dozen hydrangeas in small pots. Racoons, I assume, tore everything apart. May have smelled but there was no fertilizer.

It is not possible to rid the area of wildlife but I do think it is a few individuals that start coming around and keep repeating and if you can get rid of those maybe it will keep damage down.

One of the squirrels that was hitting my bird feeder put away a couple of months ago was searching around the deck this morning and used a pot full of dirt as his bathroom. Wife thought he was cute.

Reply to
Frank

My husband calls them 'tree rats'!

Reply to
Natural Girl

What do you kill if you're color blind? LOL

Reply to
Natural Girl

Color blind? No problem. They are black and white. No colors to worry about. All black, except a long wide white stripe that runs from head to their tail. They are not very fast and have cute bushy tails. All other animals keep clear of them. They are attracted to leftover dog and cat food. Sneak up on them with a bat. Ignore the odor.

:-)

-T

With friends like these ...

Reply to
Todd

HAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!

Reply to
Natural Girl

Flowering when they are tiny is just what you want. In fact here in this country a gardening guru says to stress them slightly whilst they are still int he pot so they do flower and they tehn romp away when planted.

Reply to
Farm1

Had fun writing it. Part of me worried someone would take me seriously, but I couldn't imagine -- there were too many hints. And, it was way too corny to be taken seriously.

Reply to
Todd

A few years ago I was visiting some friends out of state and we were enjoying their patio in the early evening shortly after dark. We were chatting when a skunk decided to take a walk across their back yard and it didn't seem to have a care in the world! My friend said to not make any sudden moves! LOL

Reply to
Natural Girl

Oh my!

Reply to
Todd

Hopefully, this year I will not have: lions and tigers and bears... Squirrels are bad enough.

Reply to
Gus

I would love to know what finally works

Reply to