Speaking of Hosta's

When is the best time to divide them?

Reply to
Travis

When the sun is still shining.

Reply to
Cereus-validus...

now. in spring they come up perfect again. Ingrid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

There isn't really a bad time....extremely hardy plants that will take dividing at anytime during the year in our climate. Now is ideal.

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam - gardengal

I divide mine in the spring jut before they begin to leaf out. I know that people also like to divide them in the fall. Here the fall can be tricky. You can have days of nice warm weather and then it can plunge to below freezing temperature in the span of a day.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Thanks to all for their advise. Looks like now is the best for me in my part of the world.

Reply to
Travis