Normal Behavior for Hostas in PNW?

I have a container grown Hosta that's done very well this year, (thanks to some slug eating Red Legged Frogs), but now that it's been cold (freezing at night) and raining in the Pacific Northwest (Zone 8b), the leaves on it have started to brown and yellow- supposedly this cultivar is cold hardy. Is this normal for a Hosta when the days get short?

The other plants in the container are happier than ever, but I've moved it to a warmer, drier, place for the time being.

Reply to
John Thomas

Hostas are die-back perennials. Toss the dying leaves. The plant will return good as new next spring.

-paghat the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat