soggy tomatoes, looking for reason why

While we have had a good crop of tomatoes this year, a few of the vines are producing consistently soggy, tasteless tomatoes. Definitely something wrong with them, The tomatoes start to turn soft and mushy just before they ripen, and when they do turn red, are not usable. It makes no difference if we leave them on the vine or pick them a little green and let them ripen inside. Anyone know what this might be and what causes it? Thanks

Reply to
heironymous

Bacterial soft rot, perhaps?

TQ

How much sun, shade, water, dry, air, soil, do they get?

Reply to
Doug Kanter