Sim Garden?

Is there such a thing as a computer game to simulate gardening? Which of you remember the computer games 'Sim City' and 'Sim World'?

Sim Garden or anything like it would be good , either internet based or PC based? My wife currently doesn't have access to a garden and she is getting very twitchy about it!

Please help. Thanks.

Reply to
Angus Nisbet

None that I know of, apart from garden design software....but one has to wonder whether a gardening sim program might be ( wait for it ).. full of bugs. Ahem.

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

The message from Stephen Howard contains these words:

Oh dear. I'm relieved you didn't make us wait to long for that.

Reply to
Rusty Hinge

I can't remember where but someone used to have a small real garden ( a couple of metres square ) with a robot arm in the middle. You could make the arm do the weeding and watering etc. over the internet.

More usefully, I'd look at something indoors - a terrarium/bottle garden or a few window boxes maybe ...

Reply to
Martin Sykes

Which of

Well, The Sims has some gardening in it. Plant flowers, and don't hire a gardener, or water them yourself, and they die. The Unleashed expansion pack added vegetables gardens that you need to weed and water, and then you can harvest them, and save money on your grocery bills.

Compared to how someone who "gardens" views a garden, it's pretty unrealistic, but it comes close to simulating how non-gardeners view their landscape, and now vegetable gardens.

Hmmm.... I wonder if a Sim game focusing on gardening would be commercially viable. Gardening isn't exactly rock 'em, sock 'em action, but those goofy virtual pets had their day in the sun a couple of years ago.

Reply to
Warren

There was Sim Farm, which I found a little off-putting because it seemed to concentrate on equipment and buildings, and didn't allow for, say, small plots of designer veg. "Ever Growing Garden" was a 'game' for 3-8yr olds, but mildly amusing.

For a no-garden challange, she might try culinary sprouts (alfalfa, mung bean, broccoli, etc.). Or windowsill herbs -- instead of digging, watering & weeding, one could be occupied racing around a house to capture sunlight. Forced bulbs compact a growing season into a few weeks. Miniature gardening in fish tanks and the like is a possibility.

Reply to
Frogleg

.

's traditional, innit...

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

The message from Rusty Hinge contains these words:

Oh dear - add an extra 'o' please.

Reply to
Rusty Hinge1

I remember that, interesting people to talk to too it's at......

Synaptic Flow

I believe there was a "Sim Farm". That's close. For the guy who thought buggy was funny, there was "Sim Ant".

Reply to
Ol' Duffer

"Angus Nisbet" wrote in news:3ff6d553$0$25946$ snipped-for-privacy@lovejoy.zen.co.uk:

There was a really cute game from Mediavision (came bundled with sound card and cd-rom kit) where you could plant and harvest stuff (corn, tomatoes, flowers, etc). You could also grow topiary bushes and cut them into fun (preset) shapes. The was also a whack-a-gopher game with it. But unless your wife is five years old, she probably wouldn't get more than couple hours of entertainment out of it.

Reply to
Salty Thumb

Salty Thumb wrote in news:2OlKb.776$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc01.gnilink.net:

"Forever Growing Garden" a C-Wave Product, published by MediaVision, circa

1995. Apparently you can still get it for $2-$10.
Reply to
Salty Thumb

My daughter is always sending me new downloads to add to the Sims. One of them was a clover patch. After making a nice little clover lawn, I discovered there were leprichans living in it. They will sneak in your house and steal anything they can carry away.

When your yard is snow covered almost any yard will be fun to play in.

Jeana

Reply to
Jeana