silver lace vine not doing well...Please Help

Hello everyone, Just wondering if anyone would be able to tell me what is wrong with my silver lace vine. I've posted some pictures on my website that pretty much tell the story. Much better than my description will.

get red blotches, with brownish spots - turn yellow then curl up & die. It seems to be slowly spreading to the top of the plant. I've tried applying safers soap twice, about 3 days apart. Last application was about 3 days ago. Very thorough and both sides of leaves. Though the problem still seems to be getting worse.

Other info... I thought it was mites because I had little webs everywhere, but now the web seem to be gone. I also had tiny little black bugs flying around the plants (I've heard that can indicate aphids)- they are also gone. I do not see mites on the leaves (I used to do pest management for apples so I know they are just tiny little dots moving around on the back of the leaves on apples - assuming they're the same). Drainage in the soil is good. This is the first year anything has been planted in that soil. Gets full sun most of the day. Top of the vine seems very healthy & still growing vigorously. No flowers yet though. Other plants in that garden are thriving (morning glory, dianthus). Only fertilized with miracle gro once - probably a month ago.

Before I try anything else and cause more damage - does anyone know what this is and what I can do? Thanks so much for your help! Lesley

(sorry if this message is posted twice, I didn't think it was uploaded due to my attachments, so I put pix on the website and reposted it)

Reply to
Lesley

Is any of the wood in that trellis treated ?

I planted two SLVs and the one on a cedar fence is thriving. The one on a pressure treated trellis croaked.

Ma

Reply to
Blues Ma

Yup it's all pressure treated. Interesting thought. Is that what your SLV looked like when it died?

Reply to
Lesley

Exactly That's why i decided to butt in with a response. Some plants are unaffected  -  maybe these guys are a bit more sensitive ?

Reply to
Blues Ma

I have a CCA treated arbor bench covered with Silver lace vine. I'd be looking under the leaves for an insect cause.

Reply to
Beecrofter