Shaping Lilac Tree

I have planted four Lilac trees at the back of my property for eventual privacy above the six foot fence. I hope to create an above ground hedge

I would like to try and bend some of the branches horizontally. There is 6mm bonsai wire available good for maybe 3/8' branches.

I could wire them to the ground for a season or two or string wires to train them like espaliered fruit trees.

Is there anyone who has experience in this matter who can maybe help me with a quick fix? Ben

Reply to
Ben

stem by string.

far as pruning here is your best bet:
is my site on pruning:
would bne happy to offer a pruning class with dissections. Also a very good book for you is:

symplastless

1
Reply to
Don Staples