Shade plants?

I have an area under pine trees that is shaded. Are there garden plants that do good in the shade? I know sunshine is good, but here, it is brutal in the summer.

I am figuring out how to arrange my garden, and I could use this pointer.

Thanks.

Reply to
SteveB

Sunset's "Western Garden Book" is your friend. For some of us, it is a bible.

Also, visit a real nursery near your home, not a lumber yard or hardware store. Ask them for advice. Some nurseries even have a service that will plan your garden for a fee; if you spend a certain amount of money there, they will then refund or give you credit for the fee.

Reply to
David E. Ross

Thank you for the good information.

Steve