rubber plant repot help please

hi,

our beloved rubber plant which looks like it's in great shape, bottom leaves all there growing very nicely outside, for now until the cold comes, looks like roots are growing out of the hole in the bottom of the pot. it's a little over 3 years old, and have moved homes a couple times already. should we repot it now or wait until the late winter early spring? the plant looks very healthy now, but i don't want things to change for the worse later. what do you all suggest?

thank you so much,

asdfasdf

Reply to
asdf

Gently remove the plant from the pot, score the root ball and maybe barely trim a few of the longer roots. Repot in the right size clay pot with good drainage and good potting soil. I try to provide bright but indirect light and one good soaking per week year round and the plants thrive. They fill a new pot root full in a year or less and grow 8-12 in. per season. I have repotted as needed based on growth rather than season and the plants never seem to notice. They do seem to need warm temps. to be their best and you need to be careful with their fall and winter locations in northern areas. If it is too cold they will drop leaves in a hurry and they do not grow back. Wipe off the leaves once in a while and enjoy a beautiful plant.

Reply to
chummley