raised bed spacing

I'm putting in a couple of rasied beds for the first time, and I know that you can plant closer than you would in a traditional garden, but how much closer? I'm putting in tomatoes (roma and cherry), banana peppers, basil, parsley, and wax beans. Thanks.

Reply to
Jacqueline

For the ultimate use of space, look up 'square foot gardening'. There's lots of sites if you do a search or check out the library for Mel Bartholomew.

Reply to
Pen

For tomatos and peppers a foot apart, the beans can probably go 2-3" apart.

Get the Sqaure Foot Gardening book, it's GREAT!

Reply to
Tom Randy