Question To Floridians

How many months do you need to mow your lawn in Florida? Do you mow in Dec., Jan., and/or Feb.? I assume it depends on your exact location.

Reply to
Bro Jack

Depends on how much rain we receive. In the coolish dry season (Dec/Jan/Feb/March) we mow around every two weeks, although oftener makes for a better looking lawn. In the warm dry season (Apr/May/June) we mow every week. During the height of the rainy season we often mow twice a week. I have St. Augustine turfgrass, and I like it to look manicured.

Folks with no supplemental irrigation will sometimes go much longer without mowing, but their lawns are crispy and brown. I prefer to keep things nicer looking than that, but everyone sees things differently. Those crispy brown lawns green up fairly quickly once the rain comes, much to the dismay of those like me who fight all winter to keep ours decent looking.

Reply to
Toni

I live in Jacksonville, which is in the extreme NE part of the state.

I do NO mowing from the end of November until around mid-March.

--james--

Reply to
James

I live in Central Florida and that sounds right to me.....no mowing from the end of November until sometime in March.

Mary

Reply to
MLW

I live in Saint Petersburg, the middle of the state, western coast of Florida and I agree the others, no mowing from November to March. If there is a really wet month might mow twice a month, otherwise it's about once a month here.

The people across the street mow their lawn 1x to 3x a month all year long. Of course they water their lawn twice a week, all year long as well.

So all in all, it's really going to depend upon how much your lawn gets watered... either by rain or by your own personal doings.

Hope this helps.

-- Jim Carlock Please post replies to newsgroup.

"MLW" wrote:

"James" wrote:

I live in Central Florida and that sounds right to me.....no mowing from the end of November until sometime in March.

Mary

Reply to
Jim Carlock