Q. on moisture meters

i recently bought a moisture meter to monitor my plants' watering (i have all container gardens). what is the best place to stick the moisture meter stick in the pot: close to the edge, close to the plant, halfway in between the plant & the edge of the pot? the instructions on the moisture meter covered everything but that particular topic. :)

Reply to
Megan Milligan

Moisture meters like the one you have purchased are notoriously unreliable. Throw it away and use your finger instead.

You probably think I'm being an arrogant asshole, but after a month or so of trying to use your meter you will find I was correct.

Megan Milligan wrote:

Reply to
Venetian Ventriloquist

Wow, people actually buy those things?

Reply to
MC

I have to agree but don't feel too bad, I bought one years ago myself.

Use your finger or a toothpick.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Randy