pruning lilacs

Can anyone tell me when the best time to prune lilacs. Some say: right after they bloom and die. Some say early spring I would love more info becouse my lilacs have been very short in blooming the last few years. THANK YOU

Reply to
Romy Beeck

I say right after bloom, before they go to seed, and before the summer solstice. This will lead to the best allocation to new types of buds for the plant.

Reply to
Mike LaMana

Reply to
Grandpa