Propagating Trumpet Vine

Can anyone provide directions on how to propagate trumpet vine? I am fairly new to gardening and don't have much background knowledge on the subject. We'd like to take cuttings from our neighbors vine, clone it, and plant 10 - 15 starts at the base of our chain-link fence. We'd like to cover the fence as quickly as possible. Thanks!

Reply to
Sacramento Mike

I've had real good luck just taking this years growth & laying it on the ground with a rock on it. Next year it has rooted & I snip it from the mother.

You could do the same with pots I suppose--- or try air layering, though it doesn't look so pretty. [when the kids were in pampers I used 1/4 of a pamper to air layer some plants.

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

DONT DO IT. plant clematis instead. they will eat your fence and spread out of control. they are a weed. Ingrid

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Sacramento Mike) wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

One man's weed is another man's cherished plant.;) I still enjoy the bamboo and honeysuckle I've planted.

Reply to
The Watcher

We have 12 different bamboo, two different Honeysuckle and two different Trumpet Vines and love them all.

Reply to
Travis

I've only got 7 different types of bamboo(but I do have one type of bamboo planted in about 8 different places ;) ) and one honeysuckle, so far. Haven't got the trumpet vine yet, but I probably will have one after this winter.

Reply to
The Watcher